So it's the last day of 2013 and in a major clean up I decided to do so work on the train layout. Actually the truth be known I was seriously considering throwing the entire lot of train things away but after a some time spend trawling through the forms of my favorite site I was re-invigorated to start building again. Who knows I might even get something for this years Toowoomba Show. Anyway I cleaned off all the dust and crap, yes crap, chicken crap to be exact, oh the joys of country living. It took me the better part of a day to clean it and make it look almost usable, after all it had been sitting around for the last 12 months or so.
I pondered over it for a while while sitting down having a cool drink. Oh I might point out here that the drink was just soft drink. No I haven't given up alcohol, heaven forbid. No I managed to get some you bute infection about a week before Christmas and Antibiotics and Pain killers don't mix well with Vodka. So lucky me I've had a dry Christmas, New Year period, but I digress.
This layout was created a little bit on the fly, as in it just evolved. It never had any sort of master plan. A purpose for being there or even an idea of what was going to run on it. The bench work was ... well ... hap-hazard to say the least and it had twisted in the heat of the shed over time.
So after salvaging what I could back off the baseboard the fate of this layout has been sealed as you can now see its final destination.
But don't disrepair, this morning I purchased some more plywood from the hardware. There will be a new layout this year.